Form a DEI Committee
A study of over 800 firms in the US found that DEI committees are the most effective means for organizations to improve DEI.
Organize a standing DEI committee (if you don’t have one already)
- Create a public charge with an ongoing transparent presence (e.g. on a website and include “Implementing the UC Davis DEI Vision.”) Please provide us with information about your committee (contact name, link to website)
- Membership reflect a range of identities, positions, and skillsets, but should be cognizant about not overburdening those who are already over-burdened.
- Should be required to report on progress on a regular basis.
Utilize these Resources
- Best Practices for Effective DEI Committees
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee FAQ
- Recommendations from Departments from the Dietrich School Faculty Diversity Committee for Developing an Effective Departmental Diversity Committee
Review your existing committee (if you already have one)
- Does it follow the best practices listed above?
- Does it follow the best practices outlined in each of these resources?
- What, if any, changes or improvements need to be made and how will these be advanced in your organization?